Expanded Music and Theater Arts Program
Like art education, music and theater arts play an important role in developing students’ language, reasoning, and memorization skills; building imagination; and boosting self-confidence and teamwork.
The Foundation is excited to expand music and theater arts to Turtleback students by offering:
- Grade-level curriculum that aligns with State standards
- Performance opportunities
- Instructors with over 35 years’ experience in musical theater, music theory, and conducting
- School-wide Variety Show that showcases the talents of all student participants
- After school enrichment programming
- Master artist visits of concerts
Questions? Email Genni Myles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music – Variety Show!
Music – Recorder Program for 4th graders!
Turtleback’s Got Talent 4
Performance dates are March 20 and 21, 2020
Pre-sale ticket price: $5/each. Maximum of $20 per Turtleback family.
Fifty talented Terrapins to entertain us – sing, dance, act, play instruments do martial arts and more. Don’t miss this spectacular production! Pre-sale tickets available now until March 17. Tickets on March 20-21 are $8/each at the door.
Click here for a copy of the order form that came home with your child or pay online by submitting the information below.
Variety Show Miscellaneous Items
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to purchase these items.
- Congratulatory Message: $10
- Variety Show T-Shirt: $10
- DVD: $5/copy
- Ensemble/Crew: $80 (includes t-shirt)
- MC: $25
- Full-page ad (black & white): $40
- Half-page ad (black & white): $25
After School Musical Theater Program
Teacher: Cassie Jungers (Improv 2019-2020, Mulan – Marry Poppins – Shrek – Junie B. Jones)
Musical Medley Jungle Jive (for K to 2nd grade only)
Thursdays in the MPR – 2:35-3:15 p.m.
April 2, 9, 23, 30; May 7, 14, and 21.
Mini performance May 28 at 3:15 p.m. Families and guests are welcome!
Registration is required. Click here to download and print the registration form.
Fee: $85 per child.
Scenes from Seussical (for 2nd to 5th grade only)
Fridays in the MPR – 1:002:30 p.m.
April 3, 10, 24; May 1, 8, 15 and 22.
Mini performance May 29 at 3:15 p.m. Families and guests are welcome!
Registration required. Click here to download and print the registration form.
Fee: $130 per child.
All registration is on a first-come first-serve basis as space is limited to 20 students (per program). Please note we must have a minimum of 12 students to hold each program.
A portion of your fee will be gifted to the Turtleback Education Foundation to support music and performing arts programming to all Terrapins. Please note that proper school behavior is expected at all times or your child could be dismissed without refund.
Deadline to register/pay is on March 30. Send your cash or check (payable to Turtleback Education Foundation) in an envelope marked “Musical Program – Mrs. Myles” and submit to your child’s teacher or at the school’s office. To pay online, complete the information below. Add $1 to cover the credit card processing fee.
Questions? Genni Myles 858-243-1848 or email@example.com.
2019-20 Grade-Level Performances
- December 20 – Holiday Performance (Kindergarten)
- February 13 – 4th grade Performance
- March 20 & 21 – Variety Show 2020
- May 7 – 3rd grade Show
- May 21 – 1st grade Performance
- June 3 – 2nd grade Performance